Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Who are these women

My son is getting married yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa right. He is my second of four sons. I know I should be happy, and I am but...

They say I am not loosing a son but gaining a daughter, trust me I feel like i am loosing a son.

He is in his second year of college. He is 24 years old He is on a partial scholarship and he is a straight A student.

the girl is one year older than him and she is very quiet and unglamourous she is also an excellent student.

Some days ago I met with the prospective in laws. It was no fun.

We are well into wedding planning and I find it easy to agree with most of their plans and with most young people they think they know best.
It is a bit strange being invaded by all these strange women. I wish back to the good old days when parents choose the wife for their sons. I will not let my sons choose curtains far less a wife. All in all I have been lucky no hoochy mammas well almost none.lol




5 comments:

damnemptynester said...

Hi Ann-Marie welcome to my blog.Yes i am unemployed please do not rub it in.smile

damnemptynester said...

Hi Bridget wellcome

Raxx - A day in the life said...

I think it's wonderful that your son is taking this step! He is a bit young but you should be proud.. Please don't worry, your family is growing, and you finally have the daughter you never had!!

Anonymous said...

That will give you loads to blog about. I'm guessing you are quite a private person? Sharing your life can be scary, so fairy steps is the best policy.

I love the line "I'd not let my son choose curtains never mind a wife". I had a chuckle at that.

Gail

Braincoral said...

this is d best post, haha Nah girl, they all good, I just into the feelings type of thing.