Thursday, July 10, 2008

THE PATRIARCH

My eldest son has become the patriarch of this family at the age of twentyfive. This is not something he asked for, or was given this is something that was thrust upon him.


He does not even know that that is the role he has within this family, and would be very surprised to hear this.



He is the one everyone looks to for financial advise. and he is very careful with his money. He is also very business minded which is a strange combination.


Recently he had to carry his father and his grandmother to the hospital at the same time. I know I could not put up with the both of them at the same time. I was so thankful to him for that.


At the first sign of trouble the first call I make is to him. I know he will not panic or overreact like his father would.


He is the voice of reason, he is the voice of wisdom and It is so good to be sure he has every one's best interest at heart.


Due to a technicality he could not get cable, but after I spent some time on the phone on his behalf he was able to get cable. I was a bit concerned that once he got cable he would spend less time at my house but I need not have worried, it would seem he enjoys our company just as much as we enjoy his.



I recently met his new girlfriend, I like her.The least said about his old girlfriend the better. I find that he and his new girlfriend are similar in their interests, their educational goals, their jobs and business interests.I am expecting him home right now I think I will make my famous pelau.

3 comments:

Braincoral said...

I have trouble posting comments on this blog. Anyways, hopefully this works. Here goes: Gerry?

damnemptynester said...

who else?

so that is why i have zero or one comment on my posts

Braincoral said...

well, that and its all about boring tennis half the time. Plus you have to read other peoples blogs and hopefully some of raquel's MANY MANY fans will come visit! LOL. She have real fans dread!